Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tired of Being Poked

Yesterday was a hard day as it was my last day with my amazing class and I had to say good bye not only to them, but to my classroom of 10 years.  It was extremely difficult, but I am excited to be going to a gradelevel and team that will be more than fantastic.  As I was saying good bye to my kids and to my 5th graders that are going to middle school, it just hit me.  Then tons of teachers came over to give me a hug and wish me luck which really made me emotional.  I honestly couldn't have done what I have without their support.  I just sat there in my classroom last night thinking everything happens for a reason and I have a feeling in a few weeks I am going to find out what it is.  Then on the flip side I have been thinking that if IVF doesn't work for some reason, I am thinking of reconsidering teaching.  I am not sure I can keep teaching if I don't have my own, but I know that I will my own kids, I just have too.  This is going to work, I won't accept failure.

When I woke up this morning, I don't feel like I am on summer vacation, but I am sure I will when all of this is over.  Chris had to wake me up early to give me my injection before he left for work.  Can I just say that I am tired of being poked with all of the needles.  My tummy and abdomen are so sore from being poked each day multiple times a day.  As I was drawing up the liquid into the syringe, I said something to Chris about how I was feeling and he said I was thinking the same thing about you.  Everyone knows how much I hate needles and this is really pushing me and my will power.  I have really surprised myself in how well I have handled everything, but I do wish I could just hit fast forward on my life.  I will say that the medicine must be working as I am starting to swell in my abdomen and get poofy.  I am anxious to see how many follicles I have on Tuesday.

Today I am going to acupuncture and going to try to just relax some.  My family was supposed to come up from Springfield today for Memorial Day weekend, but now they aren't as my granny is in the hospital.  Yes, I am worried about her and she is adding to my stress right now.  My mom and dad are headed there for the day and Chris has to work all day as this is a big sales weekend for Lowes and everyone has to work.  Then my friends are all at the lake for the weekend.  I guess I will just spend relaxing and watching movies.  Or I could go lay by the pool even thought it is how cold.  Memorial Day weekend isn't supposed to be cold...  Oh well...

3 comments:

E and R said...

The needles definitely get old...and fast. But, you are almost there! I know what you mean about possibly reconsidering teaching - it is so hard to look at all those kids' faces every day, and not know when you will finally get to look into your own child's face.
Hope your summer break is restful and brings you the news you have been waiting for!
Thinking of you and praying for your BFP!!!

GMBoehm said...

I hope you get some relaxtion this weekend. ((((HUGS)))) Do you have a relaxtion CD? I had one specifically for IVF.

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Thanks E and R! Your support means the world to me!

Boehm: I don't...what kind of cd's and where can I get them? I am so swollen today that I am uncomfortable. I have a feeling that I have lots of follicles that are growing and growing. I look pregnant I am so swollen. I am just ready for this to be over.