Thursday, May 5, 2011

Overwhelmed and Venting

Today I just felt like crying as everything is just really hitting me right now.  On Monday I had to pay for my IVF and that was a big shock to the system.  Then on Tuesday, I had to pay for the medications and I got my chain jerked around just a bit.  I did get them paid for and they will arrive at my school tomorrow.  They told me that I need to check all of the vials and make sure that they aren't broken.  I was actually a bit excited as that means that I will soon be taking them.  :)  Then on top of all of this, packing up my classroom for my new grade next year, the end of the year, all of the things I have committed to, people asking me to do things like planning events for school, and just overall fears about the whole process, I feel like I am about to break.  I am trying to stay so positive about everything, but for some reason it is all just getting to me right now.  I know everyone says I am SuperWoman and that I amaze them in how I do it all, but right now I just feel like I need to unwind and decompress from it all.  I hate to vent and complain, but right now I just need too.  I am hoping that a night out with my closest friends tomorrow will be just what I need.  I am also hoping that venting on my blog will help.  I just need to keep going and think positive.  My friends keep telling me my glass is half full and to keep looking at it that way.  I just need to get over this little bump as I start injections next Thursday.  Only 7 more days.  I hope that God can help me regroup and gather myself as I need his support right now for sure.

7 comments:

Miss Mac said...

End of a school year is plenty reason enough for venting, but the upcoming IVF means exciting times ahead! Hope the girls night out will bring you some stress relief!

E and R said...

The end of the school year is always stressful for me as well. Glad that things are moving along well for IVF - starting injections soon is exciting (and a bit scary, too). Hope your girls night out brings the stress relief you need!

Anonymous said...

Your glass is half full for just venting! Venting is one of the healthiest things you can do, and that is what your blog, friends, and family are for! VENT AWAY!!
And I'm sure even Superwoman had to hang up her cape every once in awhile and scream at Batman, Aquaman, Wonderwoman and all of her other super hero friends.
Hang in there...you are getting on a new roller coaster of emotions. The best advice I can give is buckle up, throw your hands in the air, and scream when you need to!!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Bec - I agree with everyone...you can do this. God has the best intentions for you. I've been talking to a co-worker that just went through IVF and actually didn't have to finish all the meds because she got pregnant so fast. This is what I will pray for you. Vent all you need sweetheart! We are here for you as much as you need it. We are your additional support. You can cry on our shoulders on here.

I want to personally thank "Anonymous" for your comment. Not only did it inspire me but I'm sure it will give Becky what she needs to get through this.

I love you and am praying for you daily!

Anonymous said...

Vent as you need....no worries about that!!! With all that you had this week no wonder tears were creeping in! No matter how many times I hear, 'you are so strong, I can't believe all you have been through and are still standing, etc.....it doesn't help. We can't hold everything on our shoulders and falling apart (a little) every once in a while is okay and normal. We aren't human and that is when God will help give us strength to put one foot in front of our other one....
My daily prayer:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change what I can
And the wisdom to know the difference..

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Thank you for all of your sweet comments. You have no idea how much better it makes me feel about everything. It is nice to know that the way I am feeling is normal and venting isn't a sign of weakness. It is nice to know that I have such an amazing support team that is cheering me on and helping with words of encouragement. You ladies are the best and I truly mean it!

GMBoehm said...

There is a lot of pressure on your shoulders right now - vent it out! Besides school and the IVF stuff, Mother's Day can be a tough day, so give yourself a break and treat yourself nicely! ((HUGS))