Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Feelings

I wasn't going to post, but the way I am feeling right now and knowing that so many of you are feeling the same way deserves to be recognized.  We all know that the holidays can be hard, but then there is the Mother's Day holiday which feels like the biggest slap in a woman's face that is dealing with infertility.  If it isn't hard enough dealing with what we do, but to have a holiday to single you out for not having a child makes it that much harder.  I have the most amazing mom and I am so thankful to have her not only as my mom, but my best friend and I truly do treasure her even though on this day my heart is breaking.  A friend of mine said the other day how fitting it was that my medications showed up just a few days before Mother's Day as a way of saying this would be the last one I would have to endure without a child.  I hope that she is right.  I remember a few years ago how hard this holiday was after losing a child and it just seems that it only gets harder.  To all of you that are in the same boat as me, my prayer tonight will be that this be the last Mother's Day we each have to endure without a child in the tummy or an actual baby.  I also will pray that each of us get through this day with limited heartache and know that God has a plan for us.  Happy Future Mother's Day to all of my infertile friends and to my friends that read my blog with a child, thank you for inspiring me to keep fighting this battle to be an amazing mother like you!  <3

1 comment:

GMBoehm said...

((((HUGS)))) I remember how hard Mother's Day can be. I am praying this was the last one you have to endure without a child in your arms!