Wednesday, June 22, 2011

PREGNANT!

I can't believe that I actually get to say out loud that I am pregnant.  Let me say that again as it felt so good.  I AM PREGNANT!  I went for beta 1 on Monday which was torture as I knew I wouldn't know the results until Wednesday, but after emailing my nurse a few times about some issues I was having, I started wondering when she got my results the next morning as she didn't have them run stat if she would tell me.  Sure enough on Tuesday morning right after Chris left for work at around 7:30 my home phone rang and I almost didn't answer.  I did and I hear my nurse on the other end say, "Oh my gosh did I wake you up Becky."  I said, "Kind of."  She then said, "You won't care with the news I have."  At this point I started just sobbing as I knew that all of my weird symptoms was that I was pregnant.  I don't remember much of the phone call as I was crying and shaking.  She did tell me that the way they know is that they look for a 2 or higher on the beta test to show that someone is pregnant and I was at a 28 already!  WOW!  I talked to my friend, Stef, who did IVF with Dr. Ahlering and her number on this 8th day after the transfer was a 50 and she had triplets.  I am starting to wonder if I have twins, but I am so comfortable with that.  :)  Any how, I had to call Chris and tell him the news which he couldn't even understand me I was crying and shaking so hard.  I wish he could have come home so I could have given him a big hug, but he couldn't.  I then made the decision to tell my parents.  I got ready and got there and they were both so excited, but cautious as we have been here before.  Then from there went to get my niece with my mom and told my sister in law who had the most incredible reaction as we weren't supposed to know yet.  I told a few of my closest friends and family members just to get it off of my chest.  :)  Everyone is so happy, but like I said cautious.  Today being Wednesday I went back to Quest for beta test #2 to see if our numbers doubled.  I was so nervous and have been all day until I just got the phone call saying that my number went from a 28 to an 88.  I am one happy girl!  Today we are 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant.  I still feel like this is a dream and someone is going to wake me up from it, but for now we are just being cautious and hopeful.  I go on July 6th for an ultrasound.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers as I truly believe that is what got us to this point and I know we aren't done yet.  For now just going to enjoy this wonderful moment!  I AM PREGNANT!!!

9 comments:

E and R said...

Congratulations!!! I have been waiting to hear your results! I am SO happy for you!!!

clewis said...

Brilliant! What an amazing feeling isnt it! I still cant believe I am either. Yah for you. Try not to let the fear ruin the moment, you are pregnant and that is all you need to be thinking about! well done

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD OUR PRAYERS HAVE WORKED!!!! We will just continue to pray so that you are able to carry your CHILDREN to full term. I'm referring to them as CHILDREN because I hope you have twins so you can have your family all at once! Bec I'm so ecstatic for you!!! Love you! Tina

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Christy said...

So excited for you! Will continue to pray that all goes smoothly, Becky. What a great blessing this is! Love and hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Super, Terrific, Superb, Great, Excellent, Magnificent, Marvelous, Divine, Glorious, Outstanding, Sensational, Wonderful, Groovy, Impressive, Momentous, Phenomenal, Superior, Special, Fantabulous, Spectacular!!!!
Congratulations!
Amy Mc

Miss Mac said...

Congrats!!! Wonderful news and look forward to following along:] Yay!

Guiri de California said...

Wonderful news! I stumbled upon your blog via another blog. I am so happy for you. I am also a teacher who sadly had an ectopic (in May 2010). We have been trying for a baby since August 2009, and now we have decided to try IVF. We start next week! Like you were, I am scared but excited. And I hope like you, we succeed. I pray that you will have a happy and healthy nine months. Congratulations to you and your husband! :)

Bumpy n Grumpy said...

Congratulations!!! take it easy- in fact just laze around and don't exert yourself for the first three months at least....prayers from India!!!