Saturday, June 4, 2011

WOO HOO!!!

I was so nervous again today as I didn't want to go for a scan and hear bad news.  When we got to the office, it was full of couples which just made me sad as I knew with it being the weekend, they had to be there for retrieval.  We sat there a while watching couples go back and finally it was our turn.  I got to meet my nurse that I had been in contact with for the past few months finally and she immediately put me at ease.  I asked her a couple of questions and then I knew everything would be fine.  She said that there are 50 couples that are doing IVF my cycle and that isn't including the people that are doing various other procedures where they are thawing embryo's and other things.  She said that they were doing like 13 retrievals today and 18 tomorrow.  I said am I the only one that is behind and she said no.  :)  This made me feel more than at ease and actually put a smile on my face.  Everything is going to be ok.  Then the doctor came in and finally I heard the words today that I wanted to hear...your eggs and follicles are large enough!  WOO HOO!  I couldn't believe my ears.  The eggs that were too small yesterday had matured over night.  :)  I have three large eggs on my right side and 9 on my left side in which the smallest is a 14 which they think will continue to grow.  I wanted to cry when I was hearing all of this.  I looked over and Chris's face and he was smiling.  Dr. Ahlering was more than pleased and said we have a plan now.  He said that we would do a lot of meds tonight to increase the size of our follicles even more, then tomorrow we would do our Ovidrel trigger injection that will force ovulation, and then we are scheduled for retrieval on Tuesday morning at 8am.  :)  I couldn't be happier.  My doctor said that things are really looking good for us and he thinks we will be happy with the results.  I then brought up the topic that I never thought I would, I asked him about how many embryo's we would put back in.  We had said two, but to maybe up our chances after the way things have gone, we are considering putting back in three.  :)  I know I never thought I would do that, but at this point, who knows.  We will talk more once we see the embryos and how they develop.  I am just so happy right now as we are home for a few nights before heading back to St. Louis.  I know that we wouldn't have gotten to this point without all of the support from our amazing family and friends.  Keep the positive vibes and prayers coming as we aren't done yet, but at least we have a plan.  SO HAPPY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very EXCITING news!! I'm really happy for you and that you have the date! Enjoy your next few days!
Amy

GMBoehm said...

I hope your trigger shot today went well. I am still praying for you, but everything sounds like it's going very well! YEA!