Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blessed!

Tonight was our first Progesterone in Oil injection in the butt.  I was a wreck as was the hubs  He got the needle ready and I tried icing the area.  For those of you that don't know this medicine is thick and you have to be cautious with it.  Once he got the needle ready, we had to pop the needle off and put on a bigger needle.  It brought tears to his eyes as he knew there was no way he could poke me with that and saw my reaction.  It was enough to even make us call the pharmacy as we were scared, but like I thought I was right and we had to use this almost 2 inch needle.  I got a pep talk from a friend that has been through this and knew I could do it.  I just laid there and cried, but honestly it didn't hurt to bad going in.  The massaging the area and heating the area afterwards will hopefully keep the medicine from knotting up or I will be one sore woman tomorrow.  I just can't get over how wonderful my husband was and how cautious he was with me.  I am just glad we don't have to do another one until Saturday night.  THANK GOD! 

On another note, Chris gave me another gift tonight that brought tears to my eyes and it wasn't my hormones fault this time.  One of the guys from work called to see how our past few days went and I actually got to hear him tell this guy about our 9 embryos and hear how excited he was.  If you don't know Chris wouldn't let me use to word egg years ago and now he can talk openly about it.  Just being a little fly on the wall and listening to him was the greatest gift.  I know that some of his friends have been teasing him some, but honestly they wouldn't tease him if they really didn't care.  I know it bugs him to a point, but all of this has just made us stronger.  I am really and truly blessed to have such a wonderful and caring husband.  :) 

I just hope that tomorrow when we get the updated embryo report it will be more good news.  I am also helping that some of my pain will go away tomorrow.  I am still very uncomfortable and I am noticing even more bloating and swelling.  I hurt especially when I sit up, but I will take all of this if it gives me what I want.  :)

No comments: