Thursday, August 25, 2011

When Can We Catch A Break

Today was one of those days that makes me think, when is my family going to catch a break.  Last night I wasn't feeling well at all and having cramping and sharp pains a lot of the night.  Then this morning wasn't much better.  I talked to one of my nurses that is a friend and she told me with my high risk pregnancy and still having the 2nd sac, I need to call Dr. Leverett.  I called the office and she wasn't there, but the nurse said she would talk to another doctor and get back with me.  Most of my pain is on my left side.  At about 10:30, the office called back to tell me to get off of my feet and go home from school.  In addition, they mentioned that it could be a few things.  One being the baby trying to pass or my uterus expanding from the baby this is doing well.  She then said that I might never pass this baby and it might be something that I end up delivering with the other baby.  Creepy if you ask me.  The last thing she said was that if I start bleeding that I need to go to Labor and Delivery at the hospital immediately.  I honestly wanted to cry after hearing this...everything has to be fine, right?  After managing to get a sub, I left school and went home.  Right as I was getting home, my cell phone rang and it was my mom.  I was sure she was just calling to check on me as she and I had been emailing that morning, but no she was calling to tell me more bad news.  My dads nurse that has been coming to the home checked his blood yesterday and the levels in his kidneys had gotten worse since Sunday when he left the hospital.  Dr. Hamood said he wanted to admit my dad immediately.  So my mom was at KU Med yet again with my dad.  Seriously...am I hearing her right.  Then she tells me that they took their dog in that was having issues and she might be having surgery and is staying the night at the pet hospital.  I am honestly at the point I don't even want to answer the phone right now.  Now on top of all of that I am trying to decide what to do about work tomorrow.  I am going to see how my night goes and then I might do another half day.  I am not going to do anything to jeopardize this baby.  I am hoping that tomorrow will be a better day and that my body feels better.  I am going to go buy the pillow everyone says I need as laying on my back isn't good.  I am hoping that will help even though it hurts to lay on my side.  I did lay on my side most of the afternoon.  Praying hard tonight that everyone in my family is ok and NOTHING else will go wrong.

5 comments:

Krista said...

I'm so sorry for all you are dealing with. When we lost one of the triplets my body just absorbed it....it was weird. I was worried I'd deliver it too.....but when se went un fir our last ultrasound the baby was nowhere to be seen. Hang in there.....everything will be fine!

Coakley's Journey said...

I am so sorry to hear about your day, I hope in the morning you will find out good news all around.

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Thanks ladies. I thought that this baby would just absorb too, but the fact that it hasn't is odd to everyone and the sac keeps growing. I have an appt on Monday morning and hopefully yet another ultrasound. I stayed home again today and hoping that my body just needs rest and relaxation. Thanks for the constant support. :)

Sarah @OMGTheresThree said...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mrs. H said...

I'm so sorry you are going though what sounds like a rough patch right now. Take heart that it will not last and things will get better. I'm your newest follower, and new to IVF. Just looking to connect with, share and support others on their journey into motherhood.