Monday, September 5, 2011

15 Weeks!

Today I am 15 weeks!  It doesn't even seem possible!  It really just seems like yesterday that we were in St. Louis doing IVF.  I still don't think the reality of the fact that I am pregnant has hit me.  The joke is that I won't realize that I am pregnant until I am holding that beautiful baby in my arms.  :)  I know that I am, but it still seems so surreal.

Now the update on our baby and how I am doing. :)
Baby is the size of: a naval orange...our little Gomez or Gertie are growing!  I would almost even say that our baby is larger than that as our baby was weighing in at 2oz a few weeks ago and it says that the baby should way 2.5oz.

Symptoms: I am not having any major symptoms lately.  I guess what people say about the 2nd trimester is true as I am feeling pretty good.  I am getting some pain from my body stretching especially when I sleep, but not too bad.  The only thing that i have still is acne.  Hello hormones!

Weight gain: None...I went to the doctor last week and I am dropping weight still.  I still think I am dropping IVF weight and that is why I can't tell I am gaining even though my bump is growing.

Maternity clothes - I went and bought a few more shirts yesterday.  It is already hard enough to find shirts that are long enough for my body. 

Sleep: I bought a snoogle a few weeks ago and I do have to say that is helps some when trying to fall asleep, but the pain I have been having when laying on my side isn't fun.  I know that it is just my body stretching and growing for this baby, but it is uncomfortable.

Movement: The doctor last week said I should start feeling movement this week.  I can't wait to feel it and it would definitely give me such peace of mind knowing the baby is really developing.

Cravings: I am really not having cravings.  I have been wanting fruit a lot lately, but that is about it.  The other thing is my Lay's BBQ chips.

Strangest moment: People are starting to rub my belly.  I thought it would bother me, but it doesn't at all.  It is kind of neat that people are so excited.  Also, my kindergarteners think every time I have a doctors appt that I am having the baby.  :)  It is kind of cute!

Gender: Don't know yet!  We will know in a few more weeks.  I have so many friends that are making predictions and most of them say girl.  I am still thinking boy, but I just want a healthy baby.

What I look forward to: My appt next week and scheduling my ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby.  I am not being very patient about this.  Also, our baby furniture is being delivered on Saturday.  We even went over to my parents house to get a bunch of stuff out of their basement as I bought bedding and stuff years ago before we knew about our infertility issues.  I had to get it out of the house as it was too hard to look at.  I now have these boxes here and opening them will bring back a lot of memories, but I am excited to see what we already have.  Hello Fish Nursery!

Milestones: Really starting to accept that I am going to be a mom.  :)

2 comments:

Miss Mac said...

So very happy for you! Can't wait to hear how the nursery progresses and if a baby boy or girl is on the way! I didn't feel movement (for sure) until around week 17-18 so hang in there if it takes a little longer, once it starts consistently... no denying there's a little person in there:] Exciting times!

Anonymous said...

Just to make you feel better, I actually lost 19 pounds with my first pregnancy, gained that back plus 3 additional pounds. You are doing great! God is being very good to you right now with your baby!
Tina Mischlich