Monday, August 8, 2011

11 WEEKS!!!!

We are 11 weeks and one week away from being out of the first trimester! I know that this hasn't been the smoothest road for sure with all of the bumps we have encountered including finding out we are losing one of the twins, but if we end up with one baby in the end, I am more than happy and IVF was more than successful in my eyes. :)


I saw this idea of someone elses blog and thought it would be a fun documentation of how my body, life, and the baby is changing from time to time.

Baby is the size of: a lime...our little Gomez or Gertie are growing!

Symptoms: Nausea is still an issue that is for sure, but I have been noticing that it is getting a bit better! WOO HOO! I am having less waking up at 3 or 4am to eat. I have also found that eating ice helps, don't know why, but it does. The metallic taste I had been having is getting to be less too. I am noticing some cramping and what feels like stretching going on. I read in my book that my uterus is expanding but of course I am wondering if the other baby is miscarrying finally. I am also starting to have some back pain. I of course have sore boobs every morning when I wake up. I still welcome all of these symptoms as it means I am normal even though they suck.

Weight gain: Maybe 1 pound. When I did IVF and the steroids, I gained lots of weight from the meds. Now that I went off the steroids, I am dropping weight. :) I think I have put on about a pound though even though I have been dropping weight.

Maternity clothes - I went maternity clothes shopping this weekend with my mom as that is my birthday present from my mom. Missouri had Tax Free weekend so on top of the sales we found, no tax! I had a hard time finding any cute tops for work, but have plenty of time. I was more worried about getting some pants to wear. You have no idea what a huge step this was to even buy clothes. I am really starting to accept that I am pregnant. Maybe I will bust out the pregnancy journal this week.

Sleep: Beginning to become more and more uncomfortable - which is not something I am enjoying, I can't seem to get comfortable. I sleep fine until I wake up to go to the bathroom then it's all over the place as I toss and turn seeking a comfortable position. I am not a back sleeper, but that is what I am having to do to even think of dosing off.

Movement: Not yet...however in the last ultrasound the baby was moving all over the place. I can't wait to feel it for real!

Cravings: None really...food aversions are some of the things that Chris has been cooking and looking at them. YUCK!!

Strangest moment: None yet...this whole process has been strange

Gender: Don't know yet!

What I look forward to: Next doctor's appointment on the 18th to check on the babies. I am hoping that the one is gone and the other baby is still flourishing!  Also 2 more weeks of taking progesterone!!  Big WOO HOO!!! 

Milestones: 1 week away from end of the 1st trimester

2 comments:

Coakley's Journey said...

congrats on almost getting to that 2nd trimester. its a huge step!

Stefanie~ said...

Ahh.. i love this.. now I can keep up.. Food Aversions... I had a lot of them.. especially chicken.. yuck....