Monday, August 22, 2011

13 Weeks!

Wow..this pregnancy really feels like it is trucking along.  I am sure the fact that school has started, is really helping me out more than anything.  I have so many other things on my mind that I don't just dwell on the baby and the baby we are losing.  We did take a huge step this weekend in that we went shopping for furniture for the nursery and actually bought a set!  I love it!  It was normally $4500, but on clearance for $1300 as they are putting out a new model at Nebraska Furniture Mart.  It will be delivered on Sept 10th.  Here is a link to the furniture...  http://www.munirefurniture.com/lexington_01.htm

Now the update on our baby and how I am doing.  :)

Baby is the size of: a peach...our little Gomez or Gertie are growing!
Symptoms: I am doing pretty good on this lately.  I can tell that the end of my nausea is here or so I hope.  The one thing that is driving me nuts is my acne.  Hello hormones...  I feel like a teenager again.  Another symptom I always has is sore boobs in the morning and definitely some cramping before fully getting up.  Other than that doing good.
Weight gain: Maybe 1 pound. When I did IVF and the steroids, I gained lots of weight from the meds. Now that I went off the steroids, I am dropping weight. :) I think I have put on about a pound though even though I have been dropping weight.
Maternity clothes - I wore my first pair of pregnancy jeans on Friday and I felt so weird to say the least.  The panel made me nuts as I felt like my shirt wasn't long enough to cover it.  I bought a few new shirts this weekend for my birthday.
Sleep: I am tossing and turning most of the night.  A friend recommended a pillow that I am thinking I might go buy real soon. 

Movement: Not yet...however in the last ultrasound the baby was moving all over the place. I can't wait to feel it for real!  Chris calls it our little Mexican Jumping Bean.  It was so funny in the ultrasound last week.
Cravings: Still not having to many cravings except for my Propel Water.  I am having some nice indigestion after eating.   Good times...
Strangest moment: Seeing the baby going crazy last week in the ultrasound.  :)
Gender: Don't know yet!
What I look forward to: Next doctor's appointment on the 2nd to check on the babies. I am hoping that the one is gone and the other baby is still flourishing! Hoping that some of my restrictions will be removed.
Milestones: So close to finding out the sex of the baby.  :) 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bec,
So glad to hear you are doing well! A few things that helped me through my pregnancys: I used a body pillow when I slept. I had a curve at the bottom (or top)...another I like was the U shaped pillow, that way when I turned over, I had the pillow on both sides.
I also started wearing my bras to bed. It helped and made them fell better. I hope these suggestions help a little!
Amy McD.

clewis said...

All going well!! I dont sleep so good either, I hear its not so good to sleep on back as restricts blood flow to baby, but when I wake in middle of night I always seem to have ended up on my back.Have my midwife appt tonight so ill let you know If I get any handy tips on anything.

Coakley's Journey said...

Yes, sleeping gets harder and harder the further you get along. I love when peole tell you to get all the rest you can but I guess they have never tried to sleep pregnant. I love the furniture....how exciting to make the first purchase :)

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Clewis...let me know if you find anything. I think I will end up buying a pillow as you have me nervous.

Coakley...good to know. I can't rest as I can't get comfy and still on meds. Maybe someday. :) Thanks for the compliment on the furniture! I love it too!!!

Anonymous said...

I was told not to sleep on my back either. I would put the body pillow at my front, and then put pillows up against my back to try and help me not roll back. I would wake up on my back sometimes too.