Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I HAVE THE PLAN FOR OUR IVF!!!

Today has been a crazy day!  I got an email this morning saying no PCOS for sure and no Metformin.  That just started my day off.  Then after that I got my email from my IVF nurse or coordinator.  She said we are good to go and we will be in contact lots and do a phone conference real soon.  :)  Then the big shocker, she emailed me my month of May calendar with all of my drugs and dosages!  I think I went into shock when I first saw it as it was more than a bit overwhelming, but once I sat back and looked at it, things really became real.  I start drugs at the beginning of May!  WOW!  I am going to be poked more than I thought with multiple injections on days.  I have to get ready for this as I REALLY hate needles! 
I have been looking up the various drugs on here to find out what they do and side effects.  There are definitely some that I know and some new ones.  I guess I have less than a month to get my game face on for this.  I have a phone conference in two weeks once I get my packet to really iron everything out.  I love my new doctor and how they are really treating me as an individual.  I will NOT accept failure with this! 

7 comments:

clewis said...

What drugs are you taking?

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Lupron, dexamethasone, menopur, follistim, and I think 1 more. I have taken the dexamethasone and follistim, but not the others.

Miss Mac said...

Gosh, I love the calendar... that is much more detailed than I got at our RE's office, that will be a big help. Good Luck! May will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Bec - I wish you the best of luck. It is really good that your got your positive attitude on your side. I will pray for you everyday not only for a successful IVF but also to get you through all your "sticking"! I know how shots are and will be thinking of you. Love you babe! Tina

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh don't look too hard at the side effects bc you'll scare yourself!!! I got the same (well modified for me) last week and it looks like you are just 2 weeks behind me :) It WILL BE our month!!!!

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Thanks everyone! After the shock wore off from yesterday today I am on cloud nine. We are just about 2 months from our dreams coming true. Amiracle...this will be our month, I just know it!!!!

Christy said...

Becky, that is exciting! Been on Lupron before, and yes, there are definite side effects, BUT it was worth it all. Will be praying for you both constantly.