Sunday, April 24, 2011

Holidays

Why are the holidays so hard?  Why do I bother turning on my computer on these holidays and see all of the posts on Facebook?  Why do I torture myself so bad with this?  I know that Easter isn't just about the Easter bunny and it is about Jesus, but it doesn't make it any easier to see pictures of my friends kids, their eggs hunts, and their baskets.  I remember when we first found out years ago that we were pregnant that one of the first thoughts that went through my head was Chris and I weren't going to be alone on the holidays any more and our family would be complete.  Now how many more years later I am dreading going to my parents for the day as it is just hard.  I know that the only people that really and truly understand what I am talking about are the ones that are in the same shoes.  I know that the next two holidays are Mother's Day and Father's Day which will be as equally as hard, but then no more real holidays until October.  May all of us that are in this boat get through these next few holidays with flying colors.  Saying a prayer for all of us today regarding a miracle in the very near future.  Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had my mid morning holiday break down this morning as friends texted Easter morning pics....one of these days we WILL have our child to celebrate with :)