Monday, March 7, 2011

Scared to Death About IVF?!?!?!

I don't know what has happened tonight, but I just broke down about everything.  I think that the emotions from my dad's retirement today and thinking about the future just did me in.  Right now I don't know what I want to do.  I know I was happy to have a plan with IVF, but now I am really second guessing it.  I was going to call tomorrow and put my $2,000 down, but now not so sure.  I don't know if I want to do it later or if at all.  Right now we are leaving it at, we are going to wait a few weeks until I start my period to decide.  I really just wish that someone would slap me in the face and tell me what is best for Chris and I as right now I don't know.  I am scared about the whole thing, when it is taking place, and possibly about wasting that much more money.  Between talks with family members about their fears for us and my already fears, I am a mess.  I know that people want to be the realist for us, but I can't hear that right now as I want this to work so bad and hearing negative isn't what I need.  Please pray for us right now that we can make the right decision as I honestly don't know what that is right now.  It is all in God's hands right now and I just wish I knew what to do.

4 comments:

clewis said...

dont be frightened. At the start of mine I was worried about money, but at the end of the day, money is all it is. we have spend appx $16,000 of our own money and still no closer. We got to a point where money doesnt even really matter, we just want that baby, at any cost. Dont let fear stop you from starting something amazing. Get excited about this great opportunity.

Anonymous said...

You will go through many varying emotions...it's definitely a process and you can and WILL make it through. The fear may linger and come and go, but you will also experience hope and joy which will help you get through it. The cost, well that just plain sucks but when you get a baby from IVF, it will be work it!! We are moving towards our 2.5 cycle and although the cost makes me want to vomit, C keeps reminding me, we can always make money, but can't always make a baby :) xo

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Thank you clewis and amiracle. I am just feeling really overwhelmed right now as you ladies know. I just wish someone would slap me in the head and tell me what to do to get the end result I want. Amiracle..I don't see how you have done it that many times. We did IUI 8 times and spent 24 grand between that and my miscarriage surgery. I know it is money, but it is a lot to say the least. Thanks ladies for being there for me as it is nice not feeling alone. :)

Anonymous said...

It is a scary decision, but the outcome is wonderful! You can only look ahead as everything will work out. Your body and your mind need your positive vibes! We took a loan out to do our IVF, but I don't even think about that now. One step at a time...your doctor will let you know if he thinks there is a time it doesn't look well. So far he has faith...keep yours!
I know it's hard, but just brush all and any negative comments, sarcasim, fears away. Keep the faith and on a brighter note...buy a lottery ticket! :)
Thinking of you and sending good vibes your way!
Amy Mc