Monday, March 21, 2011

GREAT NEWS!

Today I finally found out my blood tests that I had done last Tuesday.  I wasn't to patient as these tests would really determine how my IVF cycle would work out as it would give us an actual indicator if I had true PCOS.

One of the first blood test was to check my insulin levels.  PCOS has a lot to do  with insulin and with diabetes running in my family it is definitely something that I wanted to know and need to monitor the rest of my life.  My insulin level was a 12 and doctors want it under an 18. She said that is on the higher end, but no concern just want to monitor it. 

The next test that they did was to check my glucose levels as this also effects PCOS.  My glucose level was a 94 and it needs to be under a 99 so that is good.  She also said that since I had to fast for hours before it that something still could have been in my system making the number higher. I told Chris that we didn't need ice cream that night, but he didn't want to listen to me being the voice of reason.  I am hoping that next time he will actually listen to me.

She did say on my charts that Dr. A had written down to consider metformin as a drug for me to take if I did have PCOS, but when he thought about it and the side effects that I had, not really necessary.   Can you say this made my day!  :)  However, he does still has to review my results, but this girl doesn’t have PCOS based off of my blood tests and scans!  WOO HOO!  I am more than convinced that I was just slapped with that label years ago based on my irregular periods, hard cramps, and diabetes running in my family.  It is nice to know that I don't and it just reassures me that I am at the right doctor.  Once again I can't thank you enough Stef for getting me hooked up with Dr. A for this.  I think my dreams are going to come true.

I then of course asked where do we go from here as I have no clue on how to get meds, who to get them from, and how this will all work.  She then said that we have an IVF Coordinator named Sharon who will be calling me soon and then again in April to set up our May calendar and ordering all of our drugs.  She said that based on my insurance coverage is how they choose what companies to order from.  She said that we both will have a z-pak to take before we start.  Then on course there will lots of fertility drugs and a steroid again.  Once I talk to Sharon for the first time, this is all going to feel and seem so real.  To be honest April is just around the corner.  :)

So...I guess this is where we sit right now and I couldn't have been happier with all of the good news.  I am sure Dr. A will either call or email me to confirm all of this, but that is just more validation on this whole process.  Now I just have 2 months to keep working out, eating healthy, and doing everything else to help contribute to this working.  I am getting excited now!!!  Knowing these results today just makes me feel better about the whole process.  We will keep praying and praying for all of our friends that are in the same boat.  May 2011 be a magical year for all of my friends dealing with infertility!

No comments: