Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Was Given Alcohol!

What a past 24 hours I have had!   Went to Applebees last night for dinner with friends and had a frozen lemonade to drink instead of caffeine trying to be good as I had drank nothing, but water during the day.  We even told the waiter to hurry on the appetizers as I was prego and hungry,  During dinner was feeling hot and a headache coming on.  When the ticket came we saw that the waiter brought me a spiked frozen lemonade even though the waiter knew I was pregnant and that beverage isn't even on the menu.  It was quite the evening to say the least and I just feel sick especially from the headache I got.  I talked to my doctor's office and they said to call them today once I got up and moving.  The good thing is that I am out of my first trimester and I didn't drink that much, but still you know how I am feeling like I have so much invested in this and it doesn't take the worry away.  Applebees is flipping out to say the least as they said they have never had this happen before, but come to find out today that this has happened before and a child was served alcohol.  The General Manager was supposed to call me today and believe me he has, more info on that to come.  The manager last night just kept asking what can I do, what can I do.  With each thing he said the tears welled up until I lost it.  Luckily I have amazing friends who helped me through all of this.  I can honestly say that last night I didn't get much sleep at all even though I was sure things were fine, but I was more mad than anything.  Today when I got up I was still angry to say the least.  I called the doctor and while waiting on them to call back, Applebees called more than a few times wanting to know if I was fine and had seen a doctor.  I then talked to my drs office and they said to come in at 1:00.  I was so nervous to be honest with you, but more than relieved and happy when I heard that little heartbeat just going as fast as it could.  :)  Then the coolest thing happened, the baby actually kicked the doppler.  You heard this thump sound and the doctor looked and me and smiled only to say that is what had happened.  I have a feeling that soon enough I will be feeling this little bundle of joy moving all over the place and can't wait.  The doctor wrote me out directions saying that I had been exposed to alcohol by Applebees, what the fetal tones were, that I need lots of fluid, and follow up appointments.  This covers me in case something does happen, but it won't.  Tomorrow I am going to call Applebee's General Manager back and give him an earful about the situation.  I want to figure out everything I want to say first.  I am still SOOOOOOO angry about the whole thing.  Nothing like more drama in my life and my pregnancy!  LOL...

3 comments:

E and R said...

Wow! How completely unacceptable to make that sort of mistake - I have heard on the news that this has been happening at Applebee's with them serving children alcohol. They are definitely on my list of places that I will not be going to eat anytime in the near future!!

Coakley's Journey said...

wow, I remember hearing about them giving the child alcohol. I just dont understand how you can do that. I am so sorry because I know the stress you are under but so happy the little guy looked good. He was kicking the screen because he felt your anger :)

jgraham.09 said...

Let us know how the phone call goes!!!:)