Saturday, September 17, 2011

Almost 17 Weeks

On Monday I am 17 weeks! WOW!  Still it doesn't seem real at all.  I am doing pretty good overall other than I am just on edge as I thought we were finding out the sex this next week and the doctor changed her mind and now we have to wait until October 11th.  Part of this reason is that they want to check my cervix.  I am more than disappointed as I just want to know already.  I have another appt on the 29th and I am going to try to push the appt up.  I am not giving up.  :)  Persistence will pay off, right?

Something for all of you mommies or soon to be mommies....the doctor keeps asking me about chromosomal testing and Down's testing.  How many of you actually did these tests?  My thought is, I don't want to know as I don't want to have more stress and worry than I already do.  Besides, there isn't much they can do if there is an issue just more ultrasounds and monitoring.  I think we made the decision we aren't doing it.  God wanted us to have this baby and we will, no matter what!
17 Week Update

Baby is the size of: an onion...I have a feeling the baby is bigger as I already feel huge.  If you haven't seen my bump, oh my.  :)  I need to take a picture of myself, but I just feel weird doing that.  
Symptoms: Still have the acne going on and feel like a teenager again.  Sleeping isn't my friend still.  Food aversions aren't as bad as they were last week.  I have eaten a few things that have definitely not agreed with the baby or me though.
Weight gain: From my appt last week from the alcohol scare to my appt this week, I put on a lb of weight that I lost.  Who knows?
Maternity clothes:  Big frustration in my life.  I hate that shirts do not cover that lovely panel on my jeans.  I feel so self conscience about it.  I need to buy some warmer clothes too as it seems like the weather is going to skip fall and go straight to winter.
Sleep: Lucky if I sleep about 3 hours straight a night if that.  I asked the doctor and she said I can take something, but I don't want to do that unless I have to.  I know by the end of the school week, I am worn out and I can't wait for the 4:00 bell. 
Movement: I would say I have some flutters or tapping, but not like I thought I would.  I am sure this baby is a mover and shaker though as today we got out the doppler just to hear the heartbeat and he/she was moving all over the place as the heartbeat kept moving.  I told Chris and the baby he or she had better do the same kind of movement when we go to find out the gender.
Cravings: Non existent.  It is crazy that I don't, but I really don't.  I do know that smells of foods make me not want to eat something sometimes though.  For example my lunchable the other day...it went in the trash.
Strangest moment: Going to the city Fall Fun Fest and having everyone just rub my belly.  I have never touched a belly until now with mine.  It is really shocking at how hard my stomach is.  I never would dream it would feel like this.  I thought it would feel mushy.  LOL...
Gender: October 11th can't get here fast enough.  My patience on this one is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This momma wants to shop!
What I look forward to: Finding out the sex of course and feeling the baby kick!
Milestones: Not sure one this one...the doctors still think I am crazy so that hasn't changed.  She thinks it is funny I don't believe this is real.  That is probably why she sees me every 2 weeks.  :)

4 comments:

Sarah @OMGTheresThree said...

I didn't have the testing done b/c multiples usually get a false positive. However, I would have done with a singleton. Yes, there's nothing that could (or would) be done, but it would have given me a chance to prepare. Glad everything else is going well!

Anonymous said...

I didn't have the testing done. I agree, just something else to worry about. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Missy Steinbach said...

We didn't do any testing. We figured God wouldn't give us something we couldn't handle and we weren't going to terminate the pregnacy either way. Do what your gut tells you. Good luck sista

Anonymous said...

We ended up doing the standard testing where they look at percentage of likelyhood - nothing came up, but I wanted to know. With Madelynn, they saw (or thought they saw) choral plexus cysts (which can be an indicator for downs) so we did a level 2 ultrasound. There were not any other indicators, but we had decided that if there was a question, we would not do an amnio because of the risks to the pregnancy. You just need to do what you're comfortable with and know that God never gives you more then you can handle. - Katie :)