Friday, January 7, 2011

Nervous...

Right now I am just feeling nervous about my new path with this new doctor even though at first I was so excited.  He wants to do some tests to find out how many eggs I have left and the quality of them.  I am really nervous to see what my tests show and even if IVF is still at option.  I think deep down that is what I am scared about is finding out that I my eggs aren't good and we can't conceive.  I hate that I feel this way, but I know that I am not getting any younger and either are my eggs. 

At times I am so excited about the whole thing, but deep down I am scared out of my mind as I feel like this is my last option and I am just waiting for this doctor to drop some horrible bombshell on me. I think a lot of the way I am feeling is coming from the fact that it just all seems to good to be true right now with the cost, how open the doctor is with Chris and I, and how it feels like being a mom is just out within my grasp. I am just scared deep down inside and I am really scared to get my hopes up over it all. As you know this whole thing just rips at your heart out over and over and I am just not sure how much more I have in me. I am just scared that with the blood test and ultrasound he is going to change his tune. I wish we were doing IVF tomorrow so I wouldn't have to stew about it until May or June. I am sure in that huge time span, I am going to have highs and lows about this whole thing over and over.

On top of that I am feeling weird as if my period is coming too. I just wish we could get our miracle and not have to do this at all, but that isn't happening on its own.  How amazing would it have been to have had the ovulation I felt on Christmas Day be God's gift to us this Christmas.  Any how, I just need to pump myself up again get through these tests and hear what he says. Depending on what the doctor writes me back to my email I sent him today depends if I do the tests this week or wait until next month as they have to be a certain day of your cycle. I would rather not drive to St. Louis this week with the crummy weather and cold.

Like I said more or less I am just scared in all areas...what he is going to say and actually doing this. I know I am strong, but deep down I wonder how strong I am.  I am so blessed to have amazing friends and family that are supporting me through this with every step.  I am sure if you read this, I am going to get an email telling me things are fine and quit stressing, but just know I really and truly have a fear about this whole process.  I just wish I could be normal.

5 comments:

clewis said...

I wish my body was normal too. I wish so much things were easy like everyone else. But hey guess we will appreciate it that more when it does happen

E and R said...

I am a new follower to your blog and I completely understand where you are coming from. You will find that you are stronger than you think as you go through this journey. I have, in the last few months, had the tests which you will likely be having - and we didn't get good news - I have premature ovarian failure - not enough eggs to do IVF with my eggs. But, this doesn't mean there aren't options - and while it is HARD, we are getting through it and working on plan C since A and B didn't work out. Hopefully you will get the good news that you have plenty of good eggs and will get your miracle this year!

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Hi E and R! Thanks for reading my blog. We have been at this a while and did 8 IUI's and the idea of starting back up on drugs is bad enough. I am just nervous. I am sorry to hear that you have to move onto plan C. I keep telling myself that this doctor is a part of God's plan and just roll with the punches. It is the only thing that really keeps me going. Hang in there and I hope you get your miracle too!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Becky! I had that test and it was good for me. My sister had it done and had the minimum # of eggs, but she has an 8 year old! All your feelings are normal and I'm not going to tell you to stop thinking about it, b/c it is impossible!
All new paths we take in life are unknown and can be scary, but take it one step at a time, head up, and you will make it to your destination!
I have faith for you!!
Amy

Miss Mac said...

It is all scary & it all stinks but hang in there & keep moving forward... best wishes through the upcoming tests!