Monday, January 17, 2011

Decisions

Last night for some reason I was in the mood to think.  It is really hard to go through my days and not think about our upcoming plans.  It is just a constant reminder each day I leave this house and see a friend who is pregnant or see my students.  It just really keeps me on my toes with all of this and makes me want things even more.  Any how, last night when I started thinking about money, I thought of a way that we could save some money for a while.  We decided that we aren't going to do acupuncture until closer till IVF.  Between the cost of the sessions and driving out there, this will be for the best.  I know that my body really benefits from going, but I think what I am going to do instead is not tell anyone and still leave school asap on Mondays and go to the gym.  The benefits from going to the gym are going to be just as beneficial in my eyes.  I am really going to stick with my plan and know that if the doctor puts me on that Metaformin drug, this will really help.  I have been having lots of stomach issues lately too.  I am not sure if it is my IBS or something else.  Any how, I am not thrilled to tell my acupuncture doctor today, but I think she will understand or I hope she will.

3 comments:

Miss Mac said...

I think having a plan helps us get through the road blocks and renews our hope. The gym is also for mental relief! Wish you all the best in the coming months! We've been TTC about the same amount of time.

Anonymous said...

Whatever works to lower your stress if good!! Acupuncture is great, but if IVF is most likely in your future, the studies between having the treatment just before and after are pretty identical to those that had been going weekly for months. Sending you good wishes :)

Allison Spencer said...

Hey Bec. Have you ever thought of eating gluten-free? Infertility is a sypmtom of having issues with gluten intolerance or even celiac disease. Gluten is wheat, rye, and barley. I also have stomach issues and recently started eating gluten-free. Not only does it make me feel a lot better, but my stomach issues aren't as severe. I'm finishing up my third week of not eating gluten. Technically, our bodies weren't created to digest gluten. The only animals that can digest gluten are cows b/c they have 4 stomachs. It is becoming more and more common for people to have issues with gluten. And a lot of times, people diagnosed with Chrones (sp?), IBS, and other stomach-related/digestion issues really have a gluten intolerance, gluten/wheat allergy, or celiac disease. It's definitely something you might want to look into. Google infertility and gluten. You'll be amazed at what you find.