Friday, December 2, 2011

PRE-TERM LABOR!

So on Monday we entered our 3rd trimester and our 28th week of this pregnant.  I still can't believe it.  We are actually going to be parents in a few more months. 

I went for my every 2 week appt yesterday and after she got done measuring my belly, she asked me how I was feeling.   I mentioned to her the pain I had been having in my pelvis and how that morning, I couldn't even get out of bed hardly.  She said she thought it was the ligament pain, but wanted to check me any way.  I couldn't have been more happy that I told her as when she did check me my cervix was soft and a fingertip worth of an opening.  We were sent to the hospital after that.  Talk about nervous as we hadn't even been there before and had to go to labor and delivery.  Got hooked up to monitors to hear Gabbie's heartbeat and check contractions.  I had been having them like I thought, but then they started coming harder and faster.  I was given a shot of the Terbutaline (sp) to stop contractions so I could have an ultrasound.  Let me just say this drug isn't fun as the room starting spinning and I had the shakes.  Any how, we did get to see Gabs and she has grown for sure.  Then saw my cervix was still measuring at a 4 which was a huge relief.  It had been at a 6 at 20 weeks, but they said they will monitor.  If it would have been at a 2, I would be on hospital bedrest.  As I was in there contractions kept coming to the point they were minutes a part.  Got back up to the room and hooked back up to monitors.  Given 2 more injections and was told I wasn't leaving for the night.  I was so scared as I thought she was coming the way the contractions kept coming.  Once I got that third injection, things slowed down and I was given the same med orally.  I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything just in case something changed, but was given pain meds and hooked up to an IV.  I just laid there with tears in my eyes.  My mom came up so Chris could go home to get clothes and things as they thought things were slowing down.  I finally got to eat at about 10 last night when Chris brought me a chicken sandwich as they were done serving food from the kitchen.  The night was a long one as my IV kept beeping at me and my monitors on my belly came sliding.  I was finally allowed to sleep at around 1am and was given something to help me sleep.  Chris stayed the night with me and slept on the fold out sofa.  I was so glad to have him there.  Contractions are next to nothing now and I am back home on the sofa for the weekend.  My Dr said that she is going to give me a 2nd chance and let me work still, but I have to listen to my body and stay home when I need to and get off of my feet at work.  I might even do 1/2 days.  We will see.  I am just glad to be home.  I am so beat today from it all that is for sure.  I do know what to watch for and the pain everyone told me that I was having isn't normal for me.  I really don't know what to about work at all.   I know last night I was so worried that if she did come I have NOTHING ready for her.  Talk about putting me in full overdrive.  I am just trying to stay calm.  The big thing I am doing is packing my overnight bag as Chris came home to get stuff and boy did he do a horrible job.  I know he was upset and nervous, but got me clothes that didn't match or fit, not toothbrush or toothpaste, no deodorant, and I am sure you are getting the point.  He did manage to pack up his X-BOX and a 12 pack of Sprite for him  Good times...  So that is the latest on my Bumpy Road to Motherhood.  Just hoping and praying that she stays put at least until middle of January.  I think my phone said like 60 days until she is full term.  Just pray for us if you don't mind. 

2 comments:

Sarah @OMGTheresThree said...

I'm sorry to hear about your L&D trip. Glad they got things settled down.
Don't stress about getting all the "stuff" ready. You really don't need everything all at once. A couple bottles, blankets, sleepers, diapers, and a car seat you're good for a couple weeks.

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Thanks Sarah...it was definitely scary. I am glad to know I don't need all of that stuff yet. I have the car seat so that is good. Tomorrow is the big drs appt day and I have a feeling I won't sleep tonight.