Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Thankful

Today I am filled with such emotion as I think back to last year at this time when Chris and I were trying to figure out what we should do to become parents.  Should we just settle with being aunts and uncles the rest of our lives or pursue our dreams of becoming parents.  Just that week we were presented with information from the mother of the triplets in my classroom about an opportunity for us to do IVF in St. Louis with another doctor and we were honestly considering and wondering if this is what God wanted us to do.  After much consideration and meeting with the doctor over the phone just a few weeks after that, we decided that God led us on this path and we had to try it.  Now a year later we are sitting with a different outlook on life as I am almost 27 weeks pregnant with our little miracle and entering my third trimester on Monday.  It hasn't been an easy year with all of the drama we have had with the drugs, the process, and even losing one of our little miracles.  I truly believe that everything happens for a reason in life and all of this happened for a reason.  There are a variety of other women that did IVF at the same time as us that ended up with twins and they are all on bedrest either at home or in the hospital.  I really and truly believe that losing one of the twins as hard as it was, was probably the best thing in the world as I honestly don't think I could have carried both of them to term.  Today as I sit back and think about all of this, I feel so blessed and thankful to say the least.  Not only am I thankful for our little miracle, but I know that we would have never got through any of this without the love and support of our friends and family.  I often wonder why God allowed our IVF to be successful when I have so many friends that didn't have success.  I feel horrible for them, but keep telling myself that God has a plan for them too.  It took us a long time for our chance at parenthood and when I think back about it, I am blown away at everything I have gone through.  Who would have thought I could have done that!  Who would have thought WE could have done that!  We are one couple that have had more highs then lows in our 8 1/2 years of marriage, but I know that we wouldn't be the people that we are now without those trials and tribulations.  Today I am just thankful for everything and everyone.  We are so ready to see our miracle in a few months and hold her.  It will be such an emotional moment as then it will finally hit me that I really was pregnant.  Today as I was sitting on the couch with my family, Gabbie was kicking me so hard that I could actually see my stomach move.  What a beautiful sight and feeling.  Like I said feeling blessed to say the least.  Thank you to each and everyone of you that have supported us on this journey.  Happy Thanksgiving~

This was us about 4 weeks ago.  We love our little miracle and one another!  So blessed!

No comments: