Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sneak Peak and 19 Weeks

Is reality setting in with me yet, NOPE!  You would think that I would be realizing that I am going to be a mom in just about another 20 weeks, but NOPE!  We have even been shopping and big items are being purchased, but NOPE still not real.  My doctor joked with me on Thursday that it will take me holding our angel in our arms to realize that I was pregnant.

On Thursday I went for my every 2 week appointment.  Chris couldn't go this time as he was in the middle of his inventory and that is his superbowl of his work year.  So, my mom went with me instead as I have been on edge about a few things.  I am so glad that she went with me.  Immediately when she walked in and started asking questions, I just broke down.  I told her about all of the pain I am having on my right pelvic bone and she said that could be ligaments stretching or core ligament pain.  That made me feel better, but when I told her I am not sure if I am feeling movement and that makes me nervous.  She knows what a roller coaster ride this has been through the years and she could see that this was affecting me in more ways than one including not sleeping and nightmares.  I told her that I can listen to the heartbeat and it is reassuring, but not sure if I am feeling movement and not having an ultrasound since I was 12 weeks makes me wonder.  I told her that I know I have my internal and external ultrasound on the 11th and 20 weeks, but it is too far away.  She told me that since I was the last appointment for the day she wanted to end her day on a good note and we would do an ultrasound for fun.  :)  Can you say excited!  I looked at my mom and she was grinning from ear to ear too. 

We went down for the ultrasound and it took a bit for it to kick in.  I thought this would be a perfect time to find out a bit more information.  She told me that she does have concerns with me as my uterus is huge from IVF and putting me ahead of schedule, the other baby's sac is still there and growing, that I am carrying the baby so low, and a few other things.  I knew she was worried, but hearing it kind of made me feel better.  I know most people just got every 4 weeks at this point in their pregnancy and I feel blessed she sees me every 2 weeks to monitor me closely. 

When we started the ultrasound, you could immediately see my lovebugs profile and the he/she didn't fit on the screen any more.  The baby was looking at us and it was just amazing.  I couldn't believe that I could see the spine, body features, and the little heart.  Then the baby arched his/her back and yawned.  It was beautiful.  I just watched with tears welling up in my eyes that this amazing human being is literally growing inside me.  The doctor than pointed out why I am not feeling true movement yet.  Where I am carrying the baby and where my placenta is, there is a huge gap.  She said that the baby would have to kick or punch way high up for me to feel movement.  She said I will feel it, but it will be a while.  What a huge sigh of relief I had then.  Just laying there and watching my little one move was incredible.  Then my mom asked the big question that I knew she would ask and said, can you find out the sex?  I am just laying there half wanting to know, but knowing my hubby will be mad that he isn't there.  I was a little relieved when the baby didn't want to move, but all of a sudden he/she moved a bit and we saw something for just a second.  I think I know what we are having, but not positive.  I must be pretty confident as I bought some baby clothes this weekend.  I am still waiting to really have a long time for an ultrasound before saying anything, but believe me I want to scream the news at the top of my lungs!  Here is a picture of our lovebug during the ultrasound.


The picture didn't copy well, but you can see the head, the long swan neck like mine, and the upper body region.  I just love looking at this picture.  It is now midnight which makes me officially 19 weeks.  1 more week and we are half way through this pregnancy and one day away from the in depth ultrasound.  One excited Lil Momma.  Thanks for all of the continued prayers and support!  We appreciate them!

No comments: