Saturday, October 15, 2011

We Are Having A.............

Tuesday was the big day for the 20 week ultrasound and to find out what we are having.  I think we are still in shock that is for sure.  It was definitely icing on the cake on top of a few days of feeling crummy.  On Monday I couldn't even sit up I was having so much pain.  It didn't feel like the round ligament pain, but something different.  Any how, we did figure out why I have so much pain and it is because I am carrying this baby so low.  I had two techs that were in there with us double checking everything, do you see why they make me so nervous?  One of the big things mentioned had to do with my placenta being anterior instead of interior. (I think that is the right word)  My understanding is that I won't feel movement for a long time.  The baby was punching me and kicking me the whole time, but I have yet to feel a thing.  Other things were said, but I can't think.  I was relieved to prove the dr wrong that my cervix was closed.  YEAH!  When it came to figuring out the sex, it took a bit, but we are having a GIRL!  I can't believe it!  There are no girls in Chris's family so this is just huge!  I am so excited to shop that is for sure.

After we finally got done we went to my parents and we told them and about 5 other people.  We then made little mini vanilla cupcakes that we filled the middle with pink icing and frosted them with white cream cheese icing.  So when people bit into them they found out what we were having.   We made 100 of these.  I sent a bunch to my old school or family of teachers that I miss, a bunch for my new colleagues, and for my kindergarteners.  I don't know who was more excited.  The idea was a huge hit even though I made a lot of people angry with not sharing my news immediately.  I wanted to be able to do something fun with my pregnancy as everyone knew we had done IVF and that we were prego early on.  Here are a few pictures of our little miracle.  We love her!  Her name is going to be Gabbie.


3 comments:

E and R said...

Congratulations on your baby girl!!

clewis said...

Yah for a girl!!!! I have a posterior placenta, which means it sits to the back so I feel so much movement. Your Anterior Placenta means it sits to the front, thus cushioning the babies movements, But when you do finally feel her, imagine how exciting that will be!!! take care.

Miss Mac said...

Awww... congrats on a girl and what sweet profile pics:]