Sunday, October 9, 2011

20 Weeks! WE ARE 1/2 WAY!

I can't believe that tomorrow I am 20 weeks along in my pregnancy.  We are 1/2 way done to becoming parents.  I can't tell you the joy that this brings to me.  Everyone says that I am glowing, but I don't see it.  I just keep trucking along cautious with each day.  Tuesday is the big day for the big 20 week scan and we get to find out what we are having.  I am so excited!  We are actually going to really be able to plan ahead for our little family.  I think I will have a permanent smile on my face these next few days.  Do I feel like this real yet, NOPE!  :)

20 Week Update
Baby is the size of: a cantaloupe!  WOW!  I don't feel large enough to be having a cantaloupe inside me.

Symptoms: Acne is a bit better for the time being.  :)  My boobs feel like they are growing again.  Lots of pain and soreness on my right pelvic region.  Still not sleeping, but other than that I am doing good.

Weight gain: None...I still keep dropping weight.  The doctor doesn't seem concerned though as I am growing so she said all is good.

Maternity clothes: Bought a few more shirts last weekend.  Winter is coming is all I have to say!

Sleep: This week I had one night where I slept about 11 hours and it was great.  Since then just a couple of hours asleep a night.  I do better if I just fall asleep at an angle on the sofa.

Movement: Not sure.  :)  I think yesterday I really started feeling movement, but I don't know.  I know when I went to the doctor two weeks ago she told me that it would be a while before I really felt real movement as I am carrying the baby so low.  She said where the baby is and the placenta, it would take a lot to really feel a punch or kick.  However, during that ultrasound, you could see the baby really moving and when you listen with the doppler you hear the baby kicking and moving.  What a huge sense of relief!

Cravings: I guess you could say Subway is my craving.  I hate sandwiches, but every time I have a sub sandwich I am happy.  Who knows?  I am also still eating grapes like crazy.  :)

Strangest moment: Watching baby stuff slowly coming in our house.  My parents got us a Britax stroller and carseat for Christmas and of course Chris had to put it together and get it out.  He was so cute pushing that little stroller around the house.  The dogs just keep looking in that room wondering what it going on.  Once we know the sex, the real shopping will start. 

Gender: 2 more days and we will know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am making special cupcakes to reveal the sex to my coworkers in my old school and new school.  I know that my old school friends will be excited for sure!  There will be pink or a blue filling in them when they bite into it.  :)

What I look forward to: Finding out the sex of course and feeling the baby kick!

Milestones: 1/2 way through my pregnancy!  I feel like I am dreaming, but it is the best dream in the world!
 
I think today I might get out the baby book and start writing and scrapbooking.  So excited!  If any of you know how to print off your blog to make into a book please let me know.  :)  This has been an experience that I want to share with my child some day.  This baby is so loved!

4 comments:

Cori said...

Hi there! I just came across your blog from Miss Mac:) I noticed we are super close in our pregnancies and look forward to following your journey!!!

Coakley's Journey said...

wow, crazy how fast time goes. I saw that you are crazing Subway, do you have them heat the sandwhich? I was told not to eat cold cuts due to bacteria.

Hopeful in Missouri said...

Coakley I hadn't heard that and I have been eating sandwiches pretty regularly. Interesting...I will ask about this at my appt on Thursday. Thanks for sharing!!
Cori...welcome and nice to meet you!

Beth R said...

I had to do that too when I was pregnant. I just popped the deli meat in the microwave to heat it all the way through to make sure to kill any listeria if it is present