Thursday, July 16, 2009

Its a Start

I haven't felt like writing much lately. There has been so much craziness going on in my life. If you have read previous blogs you know that we had to go to Mississippi as Chris's grandpa died and then my dad has been in the hospital as well. My dad is now home, thank God, but he isn't out of the woods yet as he has a rare staph infection that is deteriorating his bones in his right foot. He has to stay off of his foot and have constant IV treatment at home for the next 8 weeks. I really feel for my mom as she is the one that gets to deal with him on a day to day basis and clean his pic line. I really hope that this is all going to work and then my dad can have the next operation in 8 weeks. On top of that I pray that my mom can deal with this as it is going to be a lengthy ordeal. I do know that she is a strong person though and amazes me daily.



On to the main reason that I write this blog. my ongoing fertility treatment. I feel so much better about everything this month. Granted it was more than a pain in the butt pulling into a rest stop this past week for Chris to give me my injections, but it will all be worth it in a few weeks, I just know it. Today I went to the doctor as it is day 11 to have my eggs measured. I was so positive going in that I would have eggs on my right ovary as it was dormant last month, but guess again there was nothing there. However, I do have a huge egg on my left ovary and another large egg. I was told to do another injection tonight to allow them to get even bigger. I was a little bummed about my right ovary, but she made it sound like it wasn't a big deal and we have no idea what egg got fertilized in February. The good thing is that my dreams about triplets this month can go away as that won't happen, but twins, who knows? I really think that the size of the huge egg will be at least a 22 or so by the time of IUI on Monday. I really feel like this is our month. I am relaxed, well partly relaxed with worrying about my dad, and ready for this. I know that by Tuesday, I will be pregnant again. I will do anything and everything to make sure that this happens.

The one thing that made me sad today is that there was no one there for scans or bloodwork except all of these new consult patients that are just getting started. Almost 1 year ago, Chris and I were in there shoes and thinking that this was going to be easy as they told me. I remember leaving there on cloud 9 thinking I will be pregnant in no time and here I am a year later still not pregnant. I am going to try not to dwell on that and think maybe I just needed the extra time for the perfect egg to form for the most beautiful baby. See my spirits are up! I just have to get through these next few days. WOO HOO!!!!

No comments: